The KEC's Major programs & Activities are
○ Promotion of Korean Language Classes in American Public Schools for Primary and Secondary levels
‣ provision of grant as seed money and/or instructional resources for the
establishment of Korean language classes in elementary & secondary schools.
‣ running California Teacher Certificate programs such CSET-Korean and CBEST for would-be teachers.
‣ educational & financial support of cultural events, field trips, and other activities of Korean language classes including Korean Clubs running in secondary schools.
○ Support for Korean Language Community Schools
‣ financial aid and supply with textbooks and teaching materials.
‣ support for Korean schools Associations' events & teacher-training programs along with various educational activities.
○ Supporting & Managing Korean Government Scholarship Award-holders studying in Universities in California as a graduate courses.
‣ supporting Korean-American student Association and events under the jurisdiction
‣ consultation related to settlement, academic pursuit, school life issue, and etc.
‣ supporting training visitors to study from Korea.
○ Selecting Korean Government Scholarship students intending to study in Korean Universities as MD. or PhD. degree course.
‣ promotion & selection of qualified TaLK & EPIK Participants
※ TaLK is unique Korean government scholarship program and is available to university under-graduates or recent graduates.
EPIK is a program for English teaching in Korea available to bachelor-degree English speakers.
○ Collection of educational data & information pertinent to the jurisdiction
‣ yearly collection of the statistics of Korean students studying in the jurisdiction
‣ exchange of educational resources and educational institution partnership
‣ distribution of education data/information, promotion materials, and periodicals
○ Implementation of varied educational programs
‣ operating “Korean Language and Culture Classes” for those people interested in learning Korean language & culture.
‣ executing Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) twice per year.
‣ selecting qualified participants or applicants for various Invitation Programs for overseas Koreans.
‣ attending educational events for the overseas Koreans and meeting for activities for the purpose of enlightenment.