영어권 재외동포 및 외국인 젊은이를 본국에 초청하여, 주중에는 농산어촌 초등학교 방과후수업에서 영어를 가르치고, 주말에는 한국문화, 사회, 산업 등을 배우고 체험케 함으로써, 농산어촌 어린이들의 영어공교육과 국제이해교육을 강화하고, 참가하는 젊은이들의 인류애 실현기회를 제공하는 “가르치고 배우는" 일명 TaLK(Teach and Lean in Korea) 프로그램
방과후수업으로 일주일 15시간 수업, 주말 한국체험 프로그램 제공 왕복항공권, 장학금(연 16,000불정도), 숙소(원룸 또는 홈스테이) 제공 의료보험 제공, 한국대학생도우미와 팀티칭, 6개월 활동 가능
The Korean Ministry of Education invites qualified undergraduate (or graduate) students who would like to teach English and learn about Korea. Selected scholars will receive Korean government scholarships and teach English in after-school classes of Korean elementary schools.
Attached are information and samples of documents on TaLK. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. (See below)
● Scholarship of 1.5 million KRW per month. (Approximately $1,200)
● Private furnished housing, Round-trip air ticket, Medical insurance cover, etc.
● Citizen of a country where English is the primary language. (Ethnic Koreans with legal residencies are eligible)
● An undergraduate student with two or more years of university education, or a college/university graduate. (Ethnic Koreans who are in their 1st or 2nd year of college are eligible, and Korean fluency is not required)
● One personal essay, One Personal Medical Assessment, Two sealed recommendation letters, One sealed transcript, One sealed transcript, One original criminal record check (apostilled CRC), One copy of passport photo page, etc.
● One year: August 2, 2013 ~ July 31, 2014
① Only online application (www.talk.go.kr) → Submission of required forms to Korean Consulate in San Francisco
② Documents screening and Interview will be done by the Korean Consulate General in San Francisco
Application Period: March 4, 2013 ~ May 31, 2013
● Preference will be given to early applicants
● Applicants should submit the required forms at your earliest opportunity for the early acceptance
→ Korean Education Center in Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in San Francisco
☎ 415-590-4058 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
※ Website: www.talk.go.kr or www.kecsf.org