o Applicants must maintain a grade point average (G.P.A.) of at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4. 3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previously attended institution.
* If an applicant does not satisfy the above GPA criteria, he/she will be disqualified from applying to this program.
o Scholarship Period : same as the period of invitation.
-Airfare: Round-trip economy class ticket.
* Airfare for entry will not be provided to scholars who are currently living in Korea for academic study or employment.
* The fees for domestic travel within a scholar’s home country and for travel insurance to and from Korea will not be provided.
-Monthly Allowance : 900,000 won (KRW) per month.
-Research Allowance : 210,000 won for scholars in the humanities and social sciences; 240,000 won for scholars in natural and mechanic sciences, per semester.
-Relocation (Settlement) Allowance : 200,000 won
-Language Training Fee : Full coverage
-Tuitions : All admission fees are waived by the host institution (university). The tuition is paid by NIIED.
-Dissertation Printing Costs : 500,000 ~ 800,000 won, depending on the actual costs.
-Medical Insurance : 20,000 won per month will be provided (limited coverage).
-Special funding for scholars who are proficient in the Korean language (TOPIK Level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month (commencing from the degree program)
6. Selection Procedure Details
- (1st Selection) Korean Embassies
- (2nd Selection) NIIED Selection Committee selects as many successful candidates as each embassy quota amongst the pool of candidates recommended by the Embassies.
- (3rd Selection) NIIED submits the documents of successful candidates to their 3 universities of indicated preference, and requests admission examination of the candidates into their master’s or doctoral programs.
7. Deadline of Submission: March 10, 2015
* Mailing address
Korean Education Center
3500 Clay St., San Francisco, CA 94118
Please refer to the attachements for more details and requirements.
Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org/ (415)590-4058