1. Dates for 2023 KHS
- Application period: May 4 ~ June 30, 2023
- First round evaluation at regional consular offices: July 3 ~ July 7, 2023
- Final round evaluation by Central Selection Committee: July 26, 2023
- Scholarship Award presentation: after October 2, 2023 ※ Actual receipt date varies.
2. Allocation of Award: 54명 내외
- Regular: 46 or so
- Arts: 2 or so
- Adoptee and special: 6 or so
※ Will be subject to change according to the number of applications in each category and the amount of funds available.
※ Korean-American means students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
※ Korean means students who have F1, A, G Visa etc.
3. Amount of scholarship
- Best Honor Scholarship - $ 5,000 (2 students or so)
- Honor Scholarship - $1,500 (52 students or so)
- Best Essay Award - $ 1,000 in addition to Honor Scholarship (3 students or so)
- At the time of application, an applicant must be a full-time 4-year college or graduate student who has achieved a grade point average of 3.0 or higher at least for the previous academic year(Fall, 2022 ~ Spring*, 2023) * If not available, Spring(2022) is also accepted.
※ The GPA should be on a 4.0 basis (Pass or Fail is not acceptable).
- Any students whose parents are Korean (either one or both) or any legally adopted Korean-American students are welcome to apply.
- Scholarships will be awarded once at the undergraduate and graduate levels respectively.
(Past beneficiaries at the graduate level must not apply for this scholarship)
5. Required Documents
* Essay title: This year marks the 70th anniversary of the ROK－the U.S. alliance. - How do you envision your personal and professional paths contributing to the enhancement of the ROK－the U.S. partnership and the future prosperity of global society?
※ 우수 에세이 선정자의 경우 대외에 공개할 예정이므로 유의하여 작성바람
e. Résumé 1부 (Including records of awards, extracurricular and volunteer activities, leadership, etc.)
※ Graduate students should list Research Publications, Presentations in their résumé.
※ Especially student who gets graduate admission should submit the related document.
* Please see the guidelines for detailed information.
6. Where to submit (Mail Only)
- Scholarship for regular students - AC, AG, KC, KG:
Korean Education Center in San Francisco
Address: 3500 Clay Street, San Francisco, CA 94118
Any questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel. (415) 590-4058
- Scholarship for students in arts and special - SM, SA, HS:
Korean Embassy in the U.S.A., Office of Education Minister Counselor/Korean Education Center
2320 Massachusetts Avenue N.W. Washington, DC 20008
Any questions? Email: email@example.com /Tel. (202) 939-5679, 5681
7. More Information: please check the attached file.