1. PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
○ Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea in pursuit of
academic degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
※ As Korean Government Scholarship Programs have been integrated and branded as Global Korea Scholarship in 2010, the name has been changed to GKS
2. ABOUT PROGRAMS
◈ Degree Programs
|Category||Master's Degree||Doctoral Degree||Research Program|
|Period||1 yr of Korean Language Program|
+ 2 yrs of degree program
1 year of Korean language program
+ 3 years of degree program
|6 months or 1 year|
◈ Available Fields of Study
○ Available Fields of Study
- Applicants can only apply to the universities and departments that are listed in the ‘University Information’ file attached under the GKS Notice post in Study in
Korea website. (www.studyinkorea.go.kr > Scholarships > GKS Notice)
- Academic programs offered during evenings (night school), short-term programs, online and distant-learning programs are not applicable in this scholarship program
- All applicants must hold citizenship of NIIED designated countries that are invited to take part in the GKS program.
- All applicants and their parents must NOT hold Korean citizenship. If an applicant or his/her parent(s) hold dual citizenship (one who have Korean citizenship and
citizenship of another country), he/she is NOT eligible to app ly.
○ Degree Requirements
- Master’s Program Applicant: Must hold a bachelor’s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a bachelor’s degree.
- Doctoral Program Applicant: Must hold a master’s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a master’s degree.
- Research Program Applicant: Must have received an invitation from one of the partner universities and must meet the criteria below;
a. Postdoctoral Research Program: Must hold a Doctoral degree (by February 28, 2022)
b. Professor Exchange Program: Must hold a Master s degree AND must be currently teaching at a university as a professor
c. Program for Education·Science·Culture·International Cooperation Professionals: Must hold a Master s degree AND must be a professional in a field of
Education, Science, Culture, or Inter national Cooperation (E.S.C.I.)
※ Applicants who are expected to graduate by August 31st , 2022 can also apply for the program with a certificate of expected graduation. (not applicable for applicants currently in a doctoral program)
4. SELECTION PROCEDURE (Embassy Track)
5. SCHOLARSHIP BENEFITS
6. CONTACT INFORMATION
a. Korean Education Center in San Francisco : email@example.com / 1-415-590-4057
b. Global Korea Scholarship Center, NIIED : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning Korean : www.sejonghakdang.org
- Korean Portal : www.korea.net
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs : www.mofa.go.kr
- Visa and Immigration : www.immigration.go.kr / www.hikorea.go.kr
- Higher Education in Korea : www.academyinfo.go.kr
[정부초청장학생] 2016 Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP)
3500 Clay St. San Francisco, CA 94118
Phone: (415) 590 - 4058 / Fax:(415) 921-5946 Email : email@example.com
Copyright © 2022 Korean Education Center in San Francisco. All Rights Reserved.
Korean government invites 815 international students from 167 countries who wish to pursue MA or PHD in Korea.
To be selected as a KGSP (Korean Government Scholarship Program) grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the
1st selection process set by the Korean embassies of his or her origin OR one of KGSP-eligible universities in Korea.
So, to apply for the program, please contact the 1st selection institution to get detailed information on the 1st selection process
such as application deadline and required documents, etc.
1. KGSP 정부초청외국인대학원장학생 모집요강(한국어)
2. KGSP APPLICATION_GUIDELINE_ENGLISH
3. APPLICATION FORM