2023 Korean Honor Scholarship Information
1. ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The Korean Honor Scholarship (KHS) Committee extends an invitation to Korean and Korean-American undergraduate and graduate students to compete for the 2023 Korean Honor Scholarship.
This Scholarship was first established in 1981 with a gift of US $1 million dollars donated by the government of the Republic of Korea to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the opening of diplomatic relations between Korea and the United States. Over the next several years, an additional US$1.90 million was added to the fund by the Korean Government and now the fund totals $2.90 million. This scholarship is awarded to outstanding students of Korean heritage to encourage high achievement of academic performance and the development of leadership qualities for their future professional careers.
The Korean Honor Scholarship Committee has awarded 3,319 scholarships to outstanding Korean and Korean-American students over the past 41 years. To be eligible for consideration, applicants must be attending college or university in the United States and must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher. In addition to academic achievement, the Scholarship Committee also considers an essay, a letter of recommendation, awards, honors, performances, and extracurricular activities when making selections.
2. IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2022 KHS
3. AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Best Honor Scholarship - $ 5,000 (2 students or so)
- Honor Scholarship - $1,500 (52 students or so)
- Best Essay Award - $ 1,000 in addition to Honor Scholarship (3 students or so)
5. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
* Essay title: This year marks the 70th anniversary of the ROK－the U.S. alliance. - How do you envision your personal and professional paths contributing to the enhancement of the ROK－the U.S. partnership and the future prosperity of global society?
※ 우수 에세이 선정자의 경우 대외에 공개할 예정이므로 유의하여 작성바람
Résumé 1부 (Including records of awards, extracurricular and volunteer activities, leadership, etc.)
※ Graduate students should list Research Publications, Presentations in their résumé.
※ Especially student who gets graduate admission should submit the related document.
* Please see the guidelines for detailed information.
3500 Clay St. San Francisco, CA 94118
Phone: (415) 590 - 4058 / Fax:(415) 921-5946 Email : email@example.com
Copyright © 2022 Korean Education Center in San Francisco. All Rights Reserved.